Oversight Committee Minutes | June 20, 2008 - Conference Call
Click here for a PDF version (Size: 73 KB - updated: 2009-07-13)
June 20, 2008 - Conference Call
|David Iverson||Church Representative|
|Len Marchand||Claimant’s Counsel|
|David Paterson||Claimant’s Counsel|
|Luc Dumont||Government of Canada Representative|
|Alison Molloy||Government of Canada Representative|
|William Wuttunee||Assembly of First Nations (AFN) Representative|
|Dan Ish||Chief Adjudicator|
|Jeffery Hutchinson||Independent Assessment Process (IAP) Adjudication Secretariat|
|Irene Fraser||IAP Adjudication Secretariat||Recorder|
- Case Management
- Jeff Hutchinson addressed case management issues. The Secretariat is proposing to change the front end of the process.
- Several forms were circulated prior to the conference call: 9 month time frame; Request for Hearing; Letter to Legal Counsel; Revised Case Management Process Synopsis; and, Negotiated Settlements.
- The next steps letter will be omitted immediately.
- More onus will be placed on claimant counsel. Counsel is to be responsible for collecting the documents, will be given the document check list and a Request for Hearing form confirming that all the mandatory documents were submitted.
- The initial contact for a NSP will be between counsel and Canada.
- The goal is to move 1700 to 1800 files as soon as possible to Hearings Management.
- Canada is supportive of the proposed change.
There is general agreement to the above. Any suggestions for the letter to counsel should go to Jeffery Hutchinson.
The call began at 2:00 SK time. Irene Fraser and Dan Ish signed off at 2:27 and the call continued in-camera.